DSW 3000: DIPLOMA IN SOCIAL WORK
This programme takes one and half years. By the end of this course, the trainee should be able to:
- Understand various intervention measures in solving social problems in a society
- Use local resources to empower the societies in order to become self-reliance. .
- Appreciate the role of communication in social work
- Understand various methods and approaches used in social development activities
- Appreciate the importance of involving other professionals in the development and solving social problems in a society.
- Promote ethical and legal practices in appraising and solving social development problems
- Appreciate the importance of self-entrepreneurial skills in the national development.
DSW 6601: Communication Skills
DSW 6602: Information Communication Technology
DSW 6603: Introduction to Community Development
DSW 6604: Social Work and Theory and Practice
DSW 6605: Development Economics
DSW 6606: Entrepreneurship
DSW 6607: Community Capacity building and Partnerships
DSW 6609: Social Research Methods
DSW 6610: Resource Mobilization and Fundraising
DSW 6611: Advocacy and Lobbying
DSW 6612: HIV/AIDS and other Pandemics
DSW 6613: Basic Mathematics
DSW 6614: Resource Management
DSW 6615: Statistics
DSW 6616: Legal Aspect in Social Work
DSW 6617: Project
DSW 6618: Social Psychology and Human Development
DSW 6619: Introduction to Counseling
DSW 6620: Social Rehabilitation and Reintegration
DSW 6621: Disaster Management
DSW 6622: Social Policy and Administration
The duration for the course is two and half years covered in three Modules including compulsory industrial attachment.
Career /Employment Opportunities: Assistant Manager/Social/Community worker in Government and Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs).
Progression: Relevant degree
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE C- or KCE Div. 2 or the equivalent
- Pass in relevant Craft Course
- Equivalent qualification approved by KNEC
- Certificate in Community development, Social development, Social work, Community Health, Counseling and Psychology.
- Course open to Beginners, Development workers, Social workers, Project managers and Fresh students
CLICK HERE TO APPLY