DDM 4200: DIPLOMA IN DISASTER MANAGEMENT
This is a one and half year course. The objective is to equip students with skills and knowledge in disaster types and behaviors, be able to prepare, counsel, manage and monitor disasters very closely. At the end of the course, students should be skilled and knowledgeable in the following modules/units:
DMM: 6801 Communication Skills
DMM: 6802 Information Communication Technology
DMM: 6803 Disaster and Behavior Reaction
DMM: 6804 First AID and Other Emergency Toolkits
DMM: 6805 Post traumatic Stress Disorders
DMM: 6806 Water & Sanitation in Emergencies
DMM: 6807 Emergency Planning
DMM: 6808 Office Administrative and Management
DMM: 6809 Social Research Methods
DMM: 6810 Resource Mobilization and Fundraising
DMM: 6811 Occupational Safety and Health
DMM: 6812 Participatory Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation
DMM: 6813 Water and Sanitation in Emergencies
DMM: 6814 Environmental Impact assessment/Environmental Audit
DMM: 6815 Resource Mobilization, Management & Fundraising
DMM: 6816 Computer Skills & Information Communication Technology
DMM: 6817 Project Paper
DMM 6818: Social Policy and Administrative
DMM 6819: Participatory Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation
DMM 6820: Introduction to Counseling
DMM 6821: Practicum
The duration for the course is two years covered in three modules including industrial attachment.
Career /Employment Opportunity: Disaster Preparedness Trainer; Disaster Logistic Manager; Fire Inspector / Investigator; First Aid Trainer; Disaster Victim Counselor; Resource Mobilization Officer.
Progression Path: Degree in related area
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE C- or KCE Div. 2 or the equivalent or 3 years’ experience in Community Development activities.
- Pass Craft Certificate Level where applicable.
- Any other equivalent qualification as approved by KNEC
- Certificate in Community development, Social development, Social work, Community Health, Counseling and Psychology.
- Course open to Beginners, Development facilitators, Project managers and Fresh students
CLICK HERE TO APPLY